Sunday, February 26, 2012

I am back

“I guess I've got to keep creating or I'll just die.”
― Jarrod - "Eagle vs. Shark"
 
Both Marv and I have been under the weather this week. Energy level nil. So I haven't posted like I intended. For one thing it probably would have turned into one big whine and that is not my style.
So I have kept quiet and kept steadily working here.
Did finish my doily and I am very pleased. I think I will set this one aside and send it in as an entry for the CGOA Design contest this year. At least it's a candidate.
Once that was done I did clear my desk off. It sorely needed to be found again. I love being surrounded by the tools of my trade, hooks, threads, yarns, scissors, needles,tape measures, pencils and other various items I use everyday. But it can reach a point where it becomes just clutter and then it's time to tame it. So now I can see my desk top once again and all my tools are in their proper spots. We will see how long it lasts this time. I am definitely not neat when in creative mode.
We have taken it easy this weekend. No hiking, no adventures, instead we have stayed home and watched movies and let our bodies recoup. I have been crocheting of course and my next project is well under way. It's a large one that has been on my list of things to do as it has a deadline. Well it will be done by the end of the week at this rate.
I don't care how bad I feel, I think I would feel worse if I couldn't work on my projects.................
I still need to finish posting pictures from last week so today will finish up our Feb 17th hike.
 
 
We took a new loop on this day that took us to the remains of working ranch in the desert. The holding pens and loading chutes are still there.
We had some great vistas on our hike. This was a good one.
The right mix of climbing and level with lots to keep our eyes tantalized.
We hiked along the second water for the first part of our loop.

The red along the shore is the roots of the plants,

Pip enjoying the water

There was a tiny water fall and I had to see what my camera could do with the water.
This looks so cool and soothing

One of the gates on the ranch

Another view of the loading chute

love the patterns in the wood

Looking through the chute

Marv and Pip at our rest stop

Me on the trail

gnarl Marv took a shot of down in one of the canyons.
I love this shot

This is called Garden Valley.

Panorama view of one of the valleys

This shot isn't all that clear. But what is amazing is I took this of the ranch from over a mile away.

Another great vista. Chicken soup for the soul?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment