Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Weekly Wednesday Wrap up :)

“Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it's beauty.”
Albert Einstein
 
Once again I am writing only once a week. But at least I am managing this much. The days slip by way too fast and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to get all I want to do done. So you will have to settle for my weekly updates for a while.
 
My plants are thriving in the green house. I am beginning to feel like I might just succeed in growing something to eat. I keep telling Marv that right now these are very expensive vegetables. But it has become a matter of honor that I figure out how to grow something down here. I do have last weeks pictures. I haven't taken any yet this week. Will try and do that tomorrow. Actually I just took a moment and ran out and did that. You will have to wait for the pictures until next week.
 
We actually got rain this last week. Thursday night and Friday night both.
Friday night we got to listen to it while in the motor home. We checked out a campground not too far from our home in the Tonto Park. Oak flats was the name of the campground. About 35 miles from home,  We will be going back to this one. We actually had a very private camping spot and it was wonderful. Though it was cold and it was wet. We were both feeling rather smug at how comfortable we were. Felt rather sorry for the people camping in tents and tent trailers. They had to have been pretty miserable. When we left Sunday morning the campground was pretty deserted. Many people just couldn't deal with the weather.
Are we enjoying the RV. You Betcha!!!! 
 
Project Report. I just finished a redo project. It will be shipped out in the morning. Garments I am still learning. Though I am not sure I truly want to learn how to size them and such. They are a whole lot of work when you are inexperienced in that field.
There is a definite learning curve and I am definitely on it at the moment.
I still have too many projects going at the moment, though I am starting to whittle them down. Will be glad when I am back to my 2-3 projects at a time. Another week or so should see me there. I am really having to give myself a stern lecture each time I want to pick up a hook and start a new project. I just have too many ideas I want to work up or try. It can be so frustrating at times that my fingers only can work so fast.
Well I have plant pictures. Travel pictures and of course foliage pictures......
 
Before the storm hit us here on Thursday evening the Superstitions where just glowing against the threatening sky.

This was one of the vistas we had up at Oak flats. As you can see the sky was still rather interesting. I love it when there are clouds. I especially like watching their shadows march across the hills.

There isn't many flowers this time of year. But I did find a few trying to bloom.

But mostly I had to settle for the seed pods. Though they are beautiful in their own right. Such soft colors.

Marv and Pip climbing rocks. Both have their bright color spots to let hunters know we aren't game. Gammy maybe, but not worth shooting.

Mr Scrub Jay came to make sure we kept our campsite clean. I took this through the window as I didn't want to disturb him.

I couldn't resist this shot. The Bougainvillea was back lite by the afternoon sun.

One more sky shot

Okay here are my tomato plants. They are actually doing well.

And my Roma Tomato

and my peas. They are twice this size now.

No comments:

Post a Comment