Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hey Lookie! I am posting

“Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you'll land among the stars”
Cecelia Ahern,
I said I would try and be better about posting and lookie, I am here..... I know big hairy deal. But for me it's a positive thing and that makes it a good thing.
I broke down and went to the doctor yesterday to be checked out as I was still hurting pretty good. Well I guess I will be hurting for a while longer. I have some torn ligaments on my sternum. So taking a deep breath is painful.  Reaching above my head hurts like crazy.  The doctor said 4 - 6 weeks to heal. Did you hear the cuss words at your place. I was pretty grumbly yesterday and the volume might of got a bit out of control at times....... Sorry if I disturbed you! . Still not sure what I am supposed to do to help this heal up. The doctor wasn't too specific about that. But then I never seem to get doctors that are helpful. I still haven't found one I am comfortable with down here. But that isn't surprising as I try and avoid a doctors office unless I am really, really hurting or sick. So it makes finding one a bit tough when you don't go in except in an emergency or as a last resort.  Then you take what is available. It's a vicious circle, my lack of faith in doctors keep me from going. and when I do go I get the whoever is available, and my faith in doctors drops some more....... and it goes on and on and on.......  
 
 I am just thankful my job isn't too physical these days. I can work on my designing . Though I won't be working on anything heavy at this time. I do have to take a few more breaks too as I stiffen up if I sit too long.
I am making good progress on my latest project. It's one of the things helping me through this rough time.
I got up to rain this morning which started my day a little better. I do love the rain. Maybe we will get some more this evening. I won't hold my breath though.
I did get a shot of a lightening bolt over the Superstitions last night, ( actually 2 shots )  and Marv took a great sunset picture. One direction we had a glorious sunset and the other we had dark ominous clouds with lightening dancing over the hills. But that isn't that unusual around here. But it made it hard to decide what to focus the camera on..
It only took over 300 shots to capture these. Thankfully film is cheap
But this is the first time I ever took a picture of lightening

And the second shot.

This is the sunset Marv caught. What dramatic colors.

I caught this a little while later. But the colors weren't nearly as vibrant.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment