Friday, July 27, 2012

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
Marcel Proust
The plan for this weekend is staying home and taking it easy. Marv had a procedure done that needs time to heal. So I will get lots and lots of crochet time this weekend.
My chest is still hurting pretty good also so staying quiet will be a good thing. It is slowly getting better but my body still refuses to let me finish a sneeze. It just says no way that is going to hurt way too much. Nights are the worst as finding a comfortable position to sleep is tricky.  
Last weekend we went antiquing. A great summer activity for us as the antique stores are normally air conditioned. I lucked out and found one antique crochet hook. I also found a great project box. Anyone who knows me, knows I have a thing for boxes. Neat boxes that is. Of course I am a bit like Pandora and have to open a box if I see it. But a really neat box draws me like a magnet. Marv just laughs at me and indulges me. This one is great as it is perfect to hold 6 balls of my DMC thread. I have all my thread for my play project in it right now.
 I am happily working on my latest project. Well actually I have the three projects going. One has to stay here as I am revamping the pattern as I go. The other two are more flexible. One of them has a deadline and the other is my pure joy, just to see if my idea works project. Of course that is my favorite one, but also the one that I have to set aside most often.
I do have it where I can see it as I work on the other two. It helps me to stay motivated.
Oh I caught Mr R again yesterday afternoon, On camera that is. My poor plant. It's getting smaller and smaller.  
 
As you can see he is seriously working the poor thing over

My great new project box from the top.

New box from the front. Two of my current projects visible too.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Awww Mr R is adorable! :)

    Hope you get lots of time to relax and heal and work on those projects...they sound awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think he's adorable! He and his relatives are more than welcome to move anytime. I would love to be able to plant things here without them being eaten. And I can't as long as he and his family lives at my house.

    ReplyDelete