Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My 2013 Design comptetion results and pics

Before I share the results of how I did in the
CGOA Design contest.
I thought I would tell you why I enter and what truly gives me satisfaction.

People keep trying to give me the title of Thread Queen.
I keep correcting them.
I am the THREAD ADVOCATE!
I don't really want to be called the Thread Queen as that makes it sound like I am above everyone else. I am not, I don't want to be.
 But I do have a passion for thread and my goal in my designing is to promote the use of, the acceptance of thread, and remove the old lady stigmatism attached to thread crochet.
I try really hard to be Threads number one advocate. If you have to call me anything, call me
The Thread Advocate
 and I will know I am on the right track.
I am a thread enabler.

So when I enter these competitions it will normally be in thread.
Whether I win anything doesn't matter truly to me.
It is represented!
 But when I do win I know I am just adding to the respectability and a better image for thread crochet.
This year I challenged myself to represent thread in the fashion category.
 I decided to design a blouse in size 20 thread.
 My Afternoon Tea was the results.
I am proud to say the design took 1st place.
See it's official it has it's ribbon.
I always have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming my design did well.
My Calcutta Doily also done in size 20 thread and embellished with cut crystal beads.
 The doily took 2nd place in the Thread division
The Calcutta Doily with it's ribbon.
Guess I don't have to keep pinching my self.
And my Rendezvous Draw string purse took an honorable mention  in the Thread Division.
 
I am very pleased with how they pieces did this year. Just means I have to raise the bar again and find something even more striking to catch the judges eyes next year.
Don't worry I already have a few ideas.
 
If you want to see the rest of the winning entries, and  all the other entries as well go check them out
Doris Chan and her crew of hard workers made it all come off smoothly and beautifully.
I have to thank them all from the bottom of my heart for giving me the chance to challenge myself each year. The contest truly does help me grow in my designing.
 
Tomorrow I am going to try and post what few pictures I got of people. But I kept forgetting to pull out my camera, and the smallest one I took decided to die so I lost some pictures there. I will just have to rely on my memories to hold most of the people I met close until next we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment