Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Snow in them thar hills.................

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”
Albert Einstein
Oh Sunday was a delightful day for me. We had a day filled with rain. I know most people don't like the rain. But I do. Especially down here where it isn't all that common.  So I thoroughly enjoyed the day.  I rained hard enough that the wash out behind the house had running water in it. Oh how I love a good rain storm.
We even got snow up on the Superstitions. I have pictures to prove it. Which I will share.
On the creative front. I am making wonderful progress on this design. Only have a few finishing touches on 2 of the pieces. There will be at least 4 parts to this design. Possibly a 5th one too. Just haven't decided yet if I am going to get that involved. I am very happy with how this is turning out.  It is such a joy when ideas meet or exceeds what one envisions. I should have this all done by the end of the week. Tomorrow if I only do the 4 parts.
Saturday we planted my 1st tree. I have wanted to put in a pine tree to help me not feel so out of place here. Well I bought 3 of them. We planted the 1st on Saturday. Want to make sure it is going to make it before I get too carried away planting the other 2, as I planted this one in the one spot I definitely want my pine tree. So it has priority.  So far it is looking good. I tried to time it so it could take advantage of the rain on Sunday to help seat it in good.  I know it will be a while until the tree is tall and beautiful. But I planted it in a spot where I can just go out and sit by it and smell the needles when I need a fix.
Well here are pictures of our stormy Sunday
This shot Marv took. We are about 4 blocks from our  house here.
Wanted to try and get the whole mountain range. But it socked in too fast.
We took these pictures in the car. It was definitely coming down.

Marv caught this shot earlier in the day from the house.
By the time I got out there with my camera you could hardly see the mountains.
One of my shots through the windshield.
If you look close you can see how hard it is coming down.
This shot we got later when it cleared off for a little while.
This shot is from our back yard looking a little further south.
Again the wash behind the house.
Pip checking out the new stream behind the house.
Hate to tell him it won't last......
This shot cracks me up. I was trying to get a close up of the Flat Iron.
I accidentally caught a bird in my shot. But he looks more like a flying fish.
And my lovely little pine tree.
Grow little tree. Grow!

2 comments:

  1. Maine-iac wishes for your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful display of photos. You and Marv are accomplished photographers Kathy!

    ReplyDelete