Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Rainy day just cries crochet day

“The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.”
Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
 
Today is a wonderful rainy day here. I know most people don't like the rain but I do. I like watching cleanse the world. I like hearing it on my roof. I love snuggling in where it's warm and dry and letting the world pass me by.
 
So I decided I needed a project that would let me slip into my reflective mode and enjoy the day. I could have finished up the doily, I have a small project that I need to work up one more time to tweak it a bit and finish writing up the pattern. But instead I chose a shawl pattern that has been calling to me. Something that I could just get into a rhythm on and let my mind wander. Must admit it was the perfect choice and I have made great strides on it and enjoyed my rainy day. We don't get them that often down here that I will pass up the rare opportunity to enjoy one.
 
I did promise pictures from Sunday's hike.
 
Weavers Needle was our companion on our walk a good part of the day.

Another shot of the Weavers Needle. Love these vista views. The truly humble a person.

I love seeing some of the shots Marv takes. Reminds me why I love him. We both appreciate the beauty in the small things as well as the large. It's always a joy to find these shots when I go through the pictures of the day.

I am always amazed at the scupltures that nature creates and the power of time to create this sort of work of art.

We did a loop of over nine miles. This is where the loop started and where it ended.
Like life we came full circle.

We always get a bit tickled to see water in the desert. Back home we take it for granted. Down here it's special.


You can see here where water has run down the face of the rocks and is making it's own chute.

Marv enjoying the day

Me having a great time!

One of the many rock formations that  abound in this area.

Another Rock pile. Showing the power of nature. I am sure these were once one rock.
 
 

1 comment: