Thursday, January 12, 2012

Against the tide.

“There isn't a person anywhere who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can.”
Henry Ford
 
There are times when it seems like you take one step forward and 2 steps back. The last few days have felt that way for me. The harder I try the more I slipped behind my goals.
I ended up at the Urgent care the other day with an infection that needed dealt with. Half my day gone. So much for being done with my project by Tuesday night.
Yesterday I had to make a 2 hour trip into town for 1 hank of beads that I needed to finish my project. Then I changed my edging and I didn't need to make that trip after all. Nor did I have to string nearly as many beads I did. The good news is it will be easier for others.
I did finally complete my project this afternoon and it's on the blocking board. Yeah! and I like it. Double Yeah!!  Now I will finish up the pattern for it tomorrow and I will have one more major commitment done! Triple Yeah!!!
But I am tired and feeling a bit down tonight. So I think I will just kick back and do some playing. After all I did pick up some gorgeous thread when I was in town yesterday. After all is seemed a waste  to spend 2 hours running to town just for a hank of beads. The thread made it much more worthwhile. That and I think I am in serious need of a doily fix. So why fight it. I think I will go with the tide just this once, at least for tonight.  

1 comment:

  1. A doily fix: I imagine junkies on street corners with no, not needles, but HOOKS. And lots of thread. Ride the tide, hooker lady!

    ReplyDelete