Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Feeling the Joy

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
I haven't posted in a few days as I was at the TNNA trade show this weekend and needed yesterday to regroup and retrench. Just too much sensory input for my brain to take in.
Friday we did spend the day hiking and enjoying our time together since I knew I wouldn't be available Saturday and Sunday. Glad we did. It was a very pleasant day and helped me get things in perspective before the show. I will post pictures later this week. Haven't had time to get them ready to post.
   I went to see if I want to be a member of TNNA. Seemed like a good time to check them out since the show was in my neck of the woods. Drg was kind enough to get me a badge so I could get into the show. ( Thank you Connie for making this happen ) So I spent my day with a friend checking out just what TNNA has to offer and what it's all about. Still thinking about whether or not to join. But now I have a better idea of what it all entails.
We did have a great time. And why not. Yarn and thread to oogle and pet. People that love the same things I do to talk to. You can't ask for much more. Though it's probably a good thing I couldn't purchase any of the yarn. I would be in serious debt here.
Yesterday I spent the day jotting down my ideas and inspirations from the show.
Today I started putting some of my ideas in use. Actually I am working on an idea that I had before. But the show inspired me to move it up on my list of things to do. I did come away with about 3 new ideas though. Which brings me back to the fact that I really do need more hours in a day.
I have spent today happily creating and writing the pattern for what is coming off my hook. The pattern is written except just a little for the finish, which needs to wait until I get there. So I am now down to just crochet the piece. Which shouldn't take too long now that I have it all figured out.
I do love these sort of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment