Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I can see...............

“Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it's beauty.”
Albert Einstein
 
Yesterday afternoon I got to pick up my new glasses. Oh how wonderful to be able to see clearly again. The last pair of glasses I was so disappointed in. The were so scratched in less than a year and a half that seeing out of them had gotten to be almost impossible. I found myself taking them off when working just so I could see better. That's bad. What is terrible is I was more careful with this pair than I have ever been in my life and I have worn glasses since the 2nd grade. I won't tell you how long that has been so don't even ask....
But I am happy again and hopefully these will do better. I did try a different company.
 
Project report.
Almost done. I just have to sew in the lining, add the handles, and finish a few small embellishments and this one is done. I haven't done any real beading for a while so making the tassel last night was interesting. I am just not set up like I used to be to do this sort of work. But it definitely was the right touch for this one.
 
More pictures from our hike.
When we come across water I have to take a picture. I can't help myself.
This little pool was so calm and quiet that it was reflecting it's surroundings. So I snapped this shot before Pip could get in there and play.
He loves the water unless it's in the form of a bath.

Another view of the same pool. So serene in it's beauty.

And again the dried grasses are so lovely. I think the colors appeal to me, either that or promise of rejuvenation. From these seeds will come new growth.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment