Monday, May 14, 2012

Home again!

“Like all magnificent things, it's very simple.”
Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting
For once I have good reason for not posting. I haven't been home the last 4 days. I went home to see my family. My mother in particular since it was Moms Day this past weekend.
Had a great trip. Got to spend time with my sisters as well as my mom. We went yard saling on Friday. Which of course was a blast. I found a few small items that had to follow me home.
Then had a fantastic dinner at Clinkerdaggers restaurant. Good food and good company, what more can you ask for.
Saturday my sister Laura went and checked out the Gardens at Manito park. That was always one of my favorite places to go as a kid. You know what it is still a great place to go. I will be posting pictures today from there.
We also went to the Campbell house. Now that house has to be what set the standards for me as far as what a home should and could be. I would still love to have a house like it someday. Not likely to happen. But we all need dreams.
Family dinner on Saturday night and then travel on Sunday.
I did take a design to work on while I as gallivanting around. I will finish it up today. If I had just done what I had originally planned it would be done by not. But it wouldn't be quite so nice either. I let my what if button go to work on this one and I must admit I am very pleased with the results. This will be one of my entries for the design contest.
As much as I enjoyed the trip I am glad to be home. Me and my hook are going to settle in for the day and keep each other company.
I will post about half of my pictures today. Too many to post all at once. Hope you enjoy.
The green house at the Park has always been filled with the most lovely blooms.
These orchids were so breathtaking. I do thank my parents for taking me there as a kid.
 It inspired my love of flowers.

This is the Campell house. It has always been on my want list.
I still love the quiet elegance of this house.

In the Japanese garden in the park these blossoms were floating in one of the fountains. How serene is this?

The mallards were enjoying the pond in the Japanese garden and I was enjoying them.

I really liked how the sunlight played with this pagoda.

And finishing up with more orchids from the green house.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos turned out beautiful! Had a great trip and was so happy we could both travel there together.

    ReplyDelete