Tuesday, May 29, 2012

" Take it one day at a time, but make sure to do something to move you towards your goals every day. "
Unknown

I thoroughly enjoyed my long weekend. Not that I quit working. I just took it with me. That's one of the great things about what I do. My crocheting goes everywhere with me.
True I don't crochet while hiking, But I definitely crochet getting there. Anytime I am a passenger my hook is flying.
My skirt has made great progress this weekend. Should be done within the next week.

We got my swamp cooler in my green house and moved the plants in. Still need to get the shade cloth on it. But it hasn't arrived yet. But I had to do something. Between the birds, the varmints, and the hot dry weather my plants were suffering.
Hopefully now nothing but me can reach the plants and they have nice moist air to help them deal with the hot.
We shall see. So far my luck at gardening down here hasn't been too great. I will figure it out though. I am stubborn if nothing else.

We did go hiking on Saturday. This will be our last trip to the Salt river until fall though. The main reason is the tubers. It's a popular tubing location and the people are everywhere on the river. I don't mind them so much, but I do mind what they do to the river. They leave behind quite the mess. I am a firm believer of respecting our environment. If they would not deface things and take what the bring in with them. I would say enjoy the river and have a great time. But there are some that just don't get it. So Sad and I find it hard to look at.

I have pictures of a flower that showed up on one of my succulents in a pot I have out in front of the house. When I first looked over and saw it I thought ( Now who the heck put a fake flower in my planter. ) Surprise it wasn't fake. It was beautiful.

Now isn't this just gorgeous. Who would have thought

A shot of the crowd on the river. They were definitely having a great time.
It was cool enough we tried to take Pip with us. We ended up putting on sock booties as the air might have been cooler but the ground was still pretty hot. He did fine once we protected his feet. But he wasn't as thrilled about hiking as normal. Still too dang hot for his taste.

Loved how the river just sparkles behind the shot of the flowers along the river.

Another shot of the the river and flowers.

The flowers on this tree were definitely attracting the bees. They smelled pretty good too. We had lunch close to one of these trees. They are the same as the one in my front yard. It's my favorite tree on the place.

And I will leave you with one more shot of this beautiful bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment