Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My own back yard

“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.”
Ayn Rand

My doily is on the blocking board and I am really pleased. This will be one of my entries for the CGOA Contest.
This one has more history than most of my doilies. It's taken me over a year to finish. I started this one before we sold the house in Washington. When the house sold I set it aside as I knew I wouldn't have time to finish it the way it deserved to be finished.  When we got down here I had lost momentum on the project and everything I tried to do for the final section just didn't feel right. So I sat it aside again.Well I picked  it back up last week and it was like I knew exactly what needed to be done to make this one special. Oh I had to frog a few times. Mainly to get the numbers right so it would lay the way I wanted it to. So I am glad I waited and let the right finish for this one mature.

I have wound the the thread into balls for my next project which I will start as soon as I do this post.
 This weekend we finished putting together my Green house. Other than laying the floor it is ready to go. Should have that done in a week or two. Depends on how much time I get to work on it.
I am not in too big of hurry as I don't want to move my plant at the moment. See a quail has decided that my geranium was the best place to lay her eggs. So she has taken up residence in my garden yard. So I will leave things where they are until the eggs hatch and she vacates the planter.
All of my pictures today came from you own yard. I have pictures of the green house done. The quail eggs, A Cocky Cardinal, and my fairy duster in bloom. Oh and my shot of the Full moon from this last weekend. 

I think I have a pair nesting somewhere in my back yard. As I see them quite often though it's not often he lets me get such a good shot of him.

I had to have one flower for you. This is my fairy duster and it's first real bloom since I put it in the ground.

My attempt at capturing that gorgeous full moon this last weekend.

My green house all assembled.

Another view of the green house. You can see the superstitions in the back ground.

Close up of the eggs. She will not hang around long enough for me to get a shot of her sitting on them.

If you look close you can see the eggs hiding in my geranium.

I guess it is true you can find happiness in your own back yard. I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment