Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Feeling a bit grumbly......

“The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
Project A has to be set aside for project B. I haven't put it away, Just set it aside while I get the one with the closest deadline done.  Project A is grumbling....
Projects C,D,E,F,G,H,I, and so on and so forth are nagging from the side lines for their turn.
 
Either I need more hours in a day or I need to quit adding to my idea stash. And more important I need to stop listening to these inanimate objects.....
 
Actually they don't really talk to me. But I do feel the pressure sometimes of wanting to do it all NOW!
 
This morning I spent the early part blocking.
My finger is complaining. The one that got broken over 2 years ago. The one the doctor said would quit hurtingwithin 6 months. I sometimes think I should write him a note and tell him what I think of his prognosis. Pushing in pins on my blocking board is definitely something it doesn't like doing.
 I of course do it anyways because I am the most dexterous with my left hand and the index finger is the best push when used with the thumb.
 
I will try not to complain too much. At least I can still crochet and it doesn't bother me much. But there are times it lets me know it isn't 100% and never will be again.
When it's cold, Weather changes, Lifting something too heavy.
 
Alright I will quit whining. I will post a few more pictures from out anniversary trip instead, Think of more positive thoughts like what is getting ready to jump on my hook.....  
 
Such a relaxing spot to have lunch. This is where we spent our lunch break.
Other than the music of the water cascading down the hill it was so quiet. This was one of the pools in the Romero Canyon.

Below that pool it wasn't quite so serene. But it was a beautiful song it was singing.

Our lunch time companion was this Morning Cloak Butterfly.
Isn't he regal.

And another shot of Mr Butterfly.
 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel today. I have a file full of shiny new ideas screaming for attention, but I'm stuck trying to focus on the slog of a half-finished project. Sometimes we have to just buckle down and prioritize, I suppose.

    Those pictures are beautiful, by the way. You have a jealous niece in gray Pennsylvania. :)

    ReplyDelete