Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Anniversary trip

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”
Friedrich Nietzsche
 
We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary yesterday. We tried to take a trip up to Winslow for a special trip, but the weather decided we needed to cut it short. We did spend one day dinking around up there. But when they were predicting snow we hightailed it back home.
So our anniversary we spent here in town. Went bowling and then antiquing. I did score though and found 2 Antique crochet books I actually didn't have in my collection for a bargain price. Been a while since I have found any that I don't already have in my collection.
We didn't bother trying to go out for dinner as having a romantic dinner on Valentines day is a joke. We settled for lunch out and then a special desert here at home.
I have been working on a project off and on all week. Coming along nicely. Though I am going to set it aside and finish the project I was working on before we left. I only have a little bit more to go before it's done. So I will get it finished and blocked. Then it will be pictures and find testers for it and the other 2 piece that go with it. But I only wanted to do one photo shoot for the three projects.
 
I will be posting pictures of our trip through out the week. I was having a great time playing with my new camera so have lots to show even though it was a short trip. We will be going back up though when the weather is a little more stable.
 
We were heading up to see the meteor crater and saw this ruin and decided we had to check it out.

Love how they used the natural stone in the area as building material.

A closer view of the remaining walls.

I was so thrilled to drive through forest to get to Winslow from here.
Trees, Beautiful trees.

My heart was over joyed to see these majestic trees within a days drive

More trees.

These tiny flowers were shining faces at one of our pit stops. Of course they posed for a picture for me.......

This plant was in the painted desert.
I will post more pictures from there later this week.
 

1 comment: