Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Some day I will learn......

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.”
Jason Mraz
      Feeling good about my progress today. Finished the 2nd of 3 projects that I am designing for my February pattern. The ends are all worked in. they're on the blocking board right now. The patterns are even written. All they need is photos and testing.
      I did run to Joann's today because I thought I could get a color to go with one I have for the final design. I really should have looked on line before I left as they don't make that yarn in the color I was envisioning. I could have saved myself a lot of time if I had just looked. Ah well I did pick up some pretty yarn. It would have been so awesome if they would have had the color I wanted. Unfortunately I couldn't find any yarn in the size I want to use that would go with the yarn I intended to use. It was a superfine yarn I was trying to match and the closet I could come up with was a DK weight. See even when I do use yarn it has to be fine and delicate.
     Tomorrow I will start the final design. Tonight I will work on the doily I have going and in the morning I will take the time to give my house a good cleaning before allowing myself to pick up my hook. Trying to motivate myself to get it done quickly. I really do need to find my desk top once again and clean off my bulletin board of projects completed. Oh I keep my house fairly neat. But every once in a while I need to clean corners. Tomorrow will be a corner cleaning morning. 
     The best news of the day is the yarn I ordered for the shawl I have planned arrived and oooh !!! I can hardly wait to dive into that project. I charted out that design for myself this last weekend and did my swatch. Which only made me want to do it even more.
     Still a bit miffed at myself for wasting 2 hours today on a useless trip. I could have had several rooms all cleaned. Someday, just maybe I will learn to check before I head out the door. Especially since it is so far away for me. But it seemed so logical to me that they should have that color. I could definitely see it in my minds eye.

1 comment:

  1. Ain't yarn grand? But not when you can't find the right color!

    ReplyDelete