Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Feel like doing a Happy dance

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”
Vincent van Gogh
I am feeling marvelous. I just finished getting everything prepared for the taxes. Didn't take me nearly as much time as I thought it would. I am so happy to have that behind me. Going to try and stay on top of it this year.  Thankfully this year shouldn't be quite so crazy. I am not moving anywhere......
Now I am free to let my creative side go again. I am hoping to have this latest project done by tomorrow night. Friday at the latest. Then I can move on to the design that has been calling ot me for almost 2 weeks now. You don't know how hard it is to not put down the projects I have been working on and diving into this one. I must admit it was hard.
Only one more thing I need to do today to be totally free and that is get my next pattern listed on Craftsy. It's difficult to choose which ones to put on when. It's kind of fun listing them though as I get to stand back and take a look at the designs I have created.
Tomorrow I do intend to take some time and play with my new camera and see how it does taking pictures of my pieces.
Today I am posting the first pictures I took with the new camera. I am going to break the pictures of Sunday's hike up and post them today and tomorrow.  Simply because I got rather excited playing with my new toy and took a whole bunch of pictures.
This camera definitely can show the detail. You can see every grain of sand on the leaves.

And it zooms out so much nicer. This is a shot of the eagle above it's nest. I took this shot from across the river which is closest I want to get near the nest. Don't want to disturb them.

Todays shots will be mostly plants and flowers. I was definitely enjoying being able to get this type of shot.

Another detail shot of the same plant

More of the small flowers

And more. Its so nice we got this camera before the desert really gets into blooming.

These are tiny white flowers on a bush I passed by.

More pictures of the same bush.

and one more shot. I warned you I got a little carried away.

One of the yellow buttercup type flowers.

Love being able to get pictures of the tiny flowers and buds.

This is just some foliage that attracted my attention. the plant is actually rather small, about 5 inches across.

Another view of the same plant.

Marv captured me getting up close and personal with the flowers.

This picture Marv took of pip. You can see he was having is usual great time.

This is one of the pictures I took of him.

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with Vincent. I think it takes both, the impetuous creative idea AND the one stitch at a time.
    Great camera and great shots. I am coming out directly to kidnap Pip. What a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have to catch him first. He doesn't let anyone but Marv or I touch him. He is a funny duck that way. He's friendly and never threatens any one. But he's gone if someone tries to pet him.

    ReplyDelete