Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just another day......

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
Albert Einstein
 
Just  another day.......
A day like any other around here. Nothing special, Nothing awful. Just a day spent in the company of my hook. Can't ask for much more than that really.
I did take the time to finish up writing the design I am working on. Some patterns it's easier to write the pattern then to crochet it and some patterns it's easier to crochet it than write it. This is one of those patterns that it is actually easy to write the pattern for, but taking me a bit of time to get the crocheting done.  I still have hours of work ahead of me to complete the design.  Then I have the idea for a companion piece to go with it. Which I will most likely do. So my idea of being done by tomorrow night might be pushing it. I should have the main piece done. But it will probably take a few days to do the companion design.
 I have been having a great time exploring what I can do with sock yarns. I like how much more delicate the pieces are with it than with worsted weight yarns. I am trying to find the right medium to make light and airy shawls with good drape and a better range of color than what my threads offer me. This seems to be a good option as they are readily available and there is a fair range of colors.
Don't get me wrong. My true love is thread. But not everyone is comfortable working with it and I want to offer some designs for those people that incorporates the look and feel of lace without having to venture into the world of thread. So I will be playing around with different lace weight yarns.
 
Well I promised the last of the pictures we took this weekend.
I so enjoy when we go hike down by the river. It soothes my soul to see and hear the water.

My new camera has this great panorama feature that makes taking this type of picture so easy even I can't mess it up.

Marv being silly. He should have know better when I had a new camera in my hand.

Another shot of our Pip. Shame he hates these hikes.

Pip leading the way as usual.

I am always fascinated by trees. This time of year they are natures lace edging. 

Just one of the views we enjoyed on our hike

These are birds nests on the cliff. I took these pictures across the river  from them. Love the range of zoom this camera has.
Not bad for the money I paid.

Fly catcher out on the river.
Playing with how my camera can capture moving water.

Still playing with water shots.
And one more view of the river and mountains in the distance.
It was a glorious day for a hike.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment