Friday, February 17, 2012

spring is in the air

«What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.» — Joseph Addison

AHHH! a great day spent hiking! Did a great loop off of the 2nd water trail in the Superstitions. The weather was ideal, Not too hot, nor too cold. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. I took lots and lots of pictures since the flowers were beginning to show their faces. I will have lots to share with you as the week unfolds.

I did get the project done that I had going before our trip. Though I was disappointed when I blocked it as the color bled a little. Not bad but my soft white is now more of a soft pink. It gets frustrating when you follow the laundry instructions and it still bleeds.  The piece is still a good piece. But I will have to add a warning about the yarn in my pattern.
I think the design is good. Well I did get some good feed back the other day when we went out to dinner and I was working on the piece while waiting for our dinner to arrive. The waitress was inquiring whether I would be making them to sell. So it must have some appeal.
I also finished the design I took with me, though I still have to write up the pattern. May have to make it one more time to get the pattern right. But I won't mind too much as I think I want a couple different colors in this one for myself.  I am that pleased with the design.
Well I promised more pictures from out trip to Winslow. Today I will post the pictures from the meteor crater. Tomorrow the pictures from the petrified park and the painted desert.
Rim of the meteor crater.
Apollo test capsule

Marv in front of the capsule

Sandstone rocks by crater

More sandstone rocks. Love the shapes and colors.

A Panoramic view of the crater
Love my camera

View of the crater

Me shivering and taking pictures. It was so cold with the wind blowing.
We couldn't stay outside too long it was so cold.


1 comment:

  1. Love your camera too! THanks for sharing those great shots!

    ReplyDelete