Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Having a What If sort of day

“Visualize this thing you want. See it, feel it, believe in it. Make your mental blueprint and begin.”
Robert Collier
Today has been a day filled with trials and retrials. Working out the edging for my latest doily and still haven't got it quite the way I want it. So again I will try another combination, and if that isn't it I will try another.
There is a lot of this type of work when I am designing. Why because what sometimes looks good on paper doesn't look so good in real life.
I actually love this sort of challenge. Getting everything to work together to make a whole is so satisfying.

One of the keys to this is never feeling like a failure because the piece isn't right the first, second or even the third time. If the idea is good it is just a matter of getting things in the best configuration to show the piece off to it's best.

Today I am going to share with you wild flower pictures. Must admit me and my camera have been going a bit nuts on the flower pictures. But I am always thrilled to see the beauty of a flower conquer the harshness of  it's environment.

We only saw one of these on our hike on Friday. But oh it was so lovely. I was thrilled to get this shot as the wind kept moving it around and making it hard to capture.

Love the delicate looking Fairy Dusters. One of the first flowers I had to find out the name of when we first moved down here. Still love them.
These little beauties are so tiny.

These are small but vivid.

These make me think of a campanula. Don't know their names yet. Give me time I will learn them.

I was photographing another flower when Marv told me to turn around when I had finished as something was waiting to have their picture taken. I was stunned when I did turn around by the delicate beauty of these.

The colors and the Lacy look of these are truly inspiring.

I am really proud of this shot of these delicate flowers.

More little blue bell type flowers.

This guy just sort of popped up and said take my picture.

Again haven't a clue what they are called, But I do know they called to me.
They make me think of snap dragons or lady slippers.

I am always amazed by the simple beauty of nature.

Another bright yellow flower.

and again the flowers that make me think of snapdragons or lady slippers.

And my last, another little white bouquet nature prepared for us.

1 comment:

  1. oooooh! I'll bet these blooms give you plenty of design inspiration. I keep saying the same thing- wonderful photos! But that's because they are! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete