Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ready for Turkey day!

“To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.”
Reba McEntire
 
This will be a different year for us since we are so far away from family. It is going to seem strange for it to be just the two of us this year. We have decided that we aren't doing a turkey just for us. Besides we eat turkey all the time, it's one of the staples of our diet. So instead we have decided to do shrimp scampi with brown rice and pearl barley. That will be a treat for us.
 We may go hiking in the morning, but we haven't made any firm plans. I think we are going to play it by ear tomorrow.
The only thing definite is we will start the holiday season with watching a few tried and true Christmas movies. Of course a Wonderful Life will be one of them. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without watching that one.
 
I am done with all the prep I am going to do also. Finished the house about an hour ago and took a long soaky bath after I was done. I let Calgon take me away................. So for tonight and tomorrow I am ready to spend some quality time with my husband and my  hook. I am so Thankful I have both in my life.
 
If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow let me wish all my family and friends a Wonderful Thanksgiving. May you remember all the things you have to be thankful for. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment