Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thornton Wilder
 
We had a marvelous Thanksgiving day morning. We hiked up to the Superstitions from the trail head near our house. We didn't have to drive anywhere to enjoy ourselves. We hiked for over 5 hours and did over 8 miles. Which is pretty good considering the terrain over which we hiked. We almost made it up to the cave you can see from our house, but my fear of heights go to be too much for me about a 100 feet below it. I probably could have made it up if I pushed myself. But I couldn't see me coming back down that last bit of trail. It was rather steep just a bit more than I could handle. So we headed back down and took another trail. Which was much more my speed.
We did see helicopters on the other side of the ridge doing something, we were unsure what was going on. We found out when we got home that a plane had gone down last night. Unfortunately no one survived. My heart goes out to their families. It does make you stop and remember how lucky we are.
We are going to snuggle in for the rest of the afternoon and watch  Christmas movies and officially start out holiday season. I will break out the Christmas music tomorrow.
Of course a hook will be in my hand while we watch our movies.
So to everyone out there who reads my blog
HAPPY  THANKSGIVING
View where we turned around to head home.

Me and Pippie on the trail
Marv and Pip on the trail

Another View from where we turned around

View of the Ridge

Natures Artwork

Birds nest in a Cholla Cactus

And yet another View

One worn out puppy dog. This was five minutes after we got home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment